Saturday 1 September 2012

Thank you, for being with me always.

Meditating on the Word of Life of this month Jesus gave me so much joy. I remembered yesterday, the brief conversation  with Callan, with our Argentine friends passing through! Not forgetting the friends enquiring whether I needed a lift to the church. Then there were the messages from our friends in Budapest! All this was the expression of God's  love in the present moment.

But most of all I was struck by the realisation from the conversation with Callan that in our family of the Opera it is really true that love comes before everything, not just theoretically but in practical things! It is out of love that we do something in one way rather than another. So rather than do things more logical, more just, more practical we do things as an expression of love to my neighbour in the present moment. This in itself already is revolutionary! And to us it comes natural. So I really do not care about the things themselves, but, I care whether it is love for the other.

As the WOL says, it's enough to love. It is in these moments that my choice of God above everything else has, just love. How others do it certainly for me, I do too, for them, not because they do it, but because it is what Jesus wants. I went to work and I think with many colleagues a different relationship was born; more beautiful; more essential. In the evening one of my staff called me to ask for advice. Seeing and concentrating on the positive, on the things that we might do well we were able to see a little 'light. After a busy day being tired I was able to continue to love, to be outside of myself.

This morning at mass I was struck by the idea that the biggest gift God has given me is ...me! He made me uniquely, as a gift to my neighbour in the present moment. He made me also with certain talents to be used for him. But most of all he made me to become fully me when I am in relationships of mutual love with others, when I have chosen him as my only good above all else, when I live with him Forsaken and in our midst. 

In the evening I realized again God comes first! Where is love then there is always pain, be detached even from the gifts of God.  Then Jesus, I always come back to living in the present moment with you my greatest love: you're hidden in the strangest places.

Thank you, for being with me always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment