Wednesday 12 September 2012

Is it more important than God

Naked I came from my mother’s womb, naked I shall return. The Lord gave, the Lord has taken back. Blessed be the name of the Lord! If we take happiness from God’s hand, must we not take sorrow too?
This is from my favourite person in the Old Testament, Job! It is just so true! I can't but go back over what I have live in these few months. Everything dear to me has gone and is still going! I can't move as much as I used to, I can't drive. Those who know me a bit know I loved driving! I can't work, those who know me at work also know how much I enjoyed the job, perhaps a little too much! I like to be active doing things, but now a trip to the shops tires me out! Despite all the progress I have made so far there is a definite time limit due to the nature of the illness. Any progress is not really in my control anyway! 

All of these things sound and look rather depressing, but there is another way of looking at this, which you may find unusual and strange. In order to have more time to love my neighbour in a visible way, God wanted me more at home, instead of driving around the place. Just to ensure that I don't replace work with God, he has given me more time to build my relationship with him both on my own and through my neighbour in the present moment! My limits in my activity are perhaps a gift for being more with others and really an understanding that all is a gift from God, not just the good things. 

But whatever I have in the present moment is his love for me, I just need to discover it! Here is where the game together starts, because only together can God's gifts for us in the present moment come alive! What greater gift can there be than a God that loves me!

I often wonder whether I get caught up in many things because I don't really entrust myself to him in those moments when it really counts, ie in the middle of a discussion that is about to get personal, that is going to upset me and allow me to judge the other, rather than seeing the gift he/she is bringing perhaps not in an obvious way! How many times do I still say "THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT" Is it more important then God, my love for him in my neighbour? That's when DIM (does it matter?) comes in very strongly for me! I think John & Maria had a true inspiration! I note again they had it together! Perhaps I see things too much from an extreme position! 


No comments:

Post a Comment