Saturday 29 September 2012

Love everyone without strings attached


What was the first lesson that a member of the Christian community learned to live? It was love. Love was the first and only command of Jesus and also the first experience of the Christian.
Chiara to the Gen in 1971. It reminded me of my first meeting with the spirituality of unity and the fact that I was attracted to it because of the authentic way of life. It was not a nice theory, but a very practical reality, sometimes easy, sometimes not so easy. I concluded that when it was not so easy it was probably to do with  the size of my ego. 
"Love one another", really comes before everything else! 
Yesterday I was talking to a friend for a long time via skype  following the death of a loved one. I realised that in order to have the love Jesus talks about I needed to become him, a man who suddenly has lost what is most dear to him, who does not understand the world any more and who rightly says: "I don't deserve this!" I could understand his reasoning, his battle with the inexplicable. There was a moment in which I realised that I had a real gift which I certainly don't deserve: I have Love itself as my constant companion! Jesus, who is God, who is Love itself, is always with me. I found myself often referring to Maria and Stacie in my conversation with him, because I suddenly understood that the reality of living for each other goes much deeper than simply words: I offer my life in that moment on that day for Maria and Stacie as they do for me. Perhaps offer is not the right word, it is really short for I will love Jesus in the present moment because I know if you do the same we will meet in that present moment in God, who is love!! Wow, what a privilege, what a tremendous gift. So, yesterday, tiredness, the new limitations of my life (tiredness, lack of concentration, lack of appetite, being very hungry, the frustrations from all that, the sufferings in others who are in pain and the impossibility for me to do anything about it, all that is very real. But what is more real is as Jesus on the cross, despite the pain I carry on playing, I carry on loving in the present. Knowing that others, in particular Maria and Stacie do the same "forces" God to be amongst us. We have all that without merit! Despite our falls we can start again!And every time I start again my love for other has less strings attached! I am gradually becoming free of everything; a sometimes painful process, but one that has the biggest reward: God himself. 
When someone cries, we cry with him. And someone laughs, we laugh with him. And so it is that the cross is carried by many shoulders, and  the joy is multiplied and shared by many hearts.
Become one with others is a way, the road to becoming one with God. 
How true this is! Jesus help me to forget myself in my constant love for you in the present moment. Let me me be attentive that nobody passes me today without being touched by your love.  It is when this way of loving is mutual that you are amongst us, because there is only love amongst us. Suddenly the dream team becomes a real powerhouse, a divine engine with all the sufferings and pains as combustion! We are truly free then, because we are truly in God's hand, a Father that only wants the best for each one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment