Monday 17 September 2012

My offerings of love for him

I was reflecting on something I read from the update of the meeting of the delegates in Rome, when Emmaus refers to being immersed in God. I realised that it is very easy to be taken by the day to day small or sometimes big things in my life without maintaining this perspective in God. And often on my own that is very difficult to do, but living together with the same aim, to have Jesus present in our midst it becomes a little easier. So, I get up thanking God for the night, for being alive and still able to love him in my neighbour! I ask him to be the most important person in my life in every moment. Then, to the next present moment. To love means to empty the dishwasher, quietly so as not to wake up the others out of love fro Him in them! Then a moment of reflection not because I always do it, but because I want to start my day with Him for Him. I thank him for my mother and my sister and ask him to keep them safe! So, the conversation continues! 
I realise then how important it is to be immersed in God! There are too many things, also very good and holy things, that come between me and Him. I have understood something important sharing my experience with others: My relationship with God is purely his gift, but it is not the morning and evening prayers, going to church, doing "holy things". All those are ways of supporting that relationship. It's a bit like friendship. Friends become friends because they are open to each other and spend time with each other. There are no "procedures" and through any "procedures" I can't make friends. 
To me it's the same with God. The more time I spent with him the stronger the relationship becomes. For that I can find him everywhere, if I look! But most importantly I can find him in the person next to me in the present moment. How mind blowing is this: A God who loves me!! I am the most fortunate person in the world. I offer him all, the pain of my mother and sister leaving today, the pain of the illness, the joys of his presence, the gift of my brothers and sisters, the marvels of life! They are my offerings of love for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment