Monday 24 September 2012

Real way of loving

Today I am reflecting on the simple nature of our life! I only have to live with God, immersed in him all day long. Someone might say that is practically impossible and what about having to get on with things, living my life made up of meetings, things to do, no time for anything else. 
I have reflected on that in the last few days and come to the conclusion that there is no contradiction. Jesus does not want me to sit on my back side doing nothing, but he wants me to go and do the right thing in the right moment with the right attitude! Sounds complicated but is really simple: 
When I got up I thanked God for a good night, for being able to get up, and do things, for helping others, for being there for others. Then I had breakfast and took my pills when I suddenly felt a bit ill, couldn't concentrate, dizzy and was generally getting grumpy. Someone came to pick me up to go to mass. I forgot but remembered to thank God for thinking about it. Before I had read an e-mail from a friend giving me his experience in response to sharing mine with him. It is such a gift considering that at work we never talked about personal stuff in that detail. Most of the points he made rang so true and some were a clarification of what I had probably poorly expressed. It reminded me of God speaking not just through people who believe but more so sometimes through people who apparently don't. 
Looking at a morning like that I cannot help but feeling that love is very real, God with me is very real. I receive a call from a friend asking my opinion on something. I remembered that is Jesus asking me. How would I answer Jesus? As I give without expecting a return, without wanting anything I receive, perhaps not from where I expect it, but again I can't help but see so much of God's love around me. I just need to discover it!I really can use anything I do as means to love, to allow his love to be there. In the end I discover a real peace and joy! Why? Because I have loved Jesus in my neighbour, because God is with me and no matter how generous I am he cannot be outdone in generosity. 
Jesus today I offer my dizziness, my grumpiness and my general not feeling great for the meting of the delegates in Rome, because we are all living together with you in our midst. I cannot repeat this enough because everywhere else I hear the opposite all the time. God's love is as real, if not more so than anything else. So, whenever I love God is here, and my neighbour meet him! Mind boggling, really

1 comment:

  1. Hi Manfred. I have had such a stressful day-don't know when I was so chaotic from a situation. Reading this makes me feel human and blessed again. Sometimes doing the right thing with the right attitude can feel so wrong!Your depth in these situations is really inspirational. Staying in unity, Angela M.

    ReplyDelete