Monday 3 September 2012

Everything is possible

When I came to you, brothers, it was not with any show of oratory or philosophy, but simply to tell you what God had guaranteed. During my stay with you, the only knowledge I claimed to have was about Jesus, and only about him as the crucified Christ. Far from relying on any power of my own, I came among you in great ‘fear and trembling’ and in my speeches and the sermons that I gave, there were none of the arguments that belong to philosophy; only a demonstration of the power of the Spirit. And I did this so that your faith should not depend on human philosophy but on the power of God.
I was struck by the first reading of the Mass today! I have not arrived at this point in my life with all the graces and all the gifts because of my merit, my skills or because I was  capable and good. No, I am here in this situation mainly because we listened to the Holy Spirit, together! The game continues in the present dell'amarsi! Jesus how can I be sad if you're with me in this way!

I came among you in great ‘fear and trembling’. So, you can do with me what matters in this moment. Jesus, I'm learning more and more to really love my limitations and the limitations of others! With the love that supports all, is patient and hopes beyond everything. I do not care about nothing but to love, to play with my neighbour in the  present moment!

Everything becomes an excuse to love more. Everything practical becomes important as an expression of mutual love and so the presence of God among us increases. For example, the fact that the breakdown of the connection to the internet is not only a pain, but it is also an opportunity to communicate with one another for a moment! It is sometimes difficult to see things in this light when they happen! But because of my love to Jesus Forsaken everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment