Tuesday 4 September 2012

Does it matter

I was reflecting  on the concept of sanctity today reading a talk on the subject given by Chiara in 1981 in London. Here she understood that we must become Saints together. I must admit the idea of becoming a Saint has always puzzled me. Not really sure how to go about this until I reflected on what Chiara said. It's not something I must do, its something God does in response to my love for him and my neighbour. As Emmaus says, first of all, above all else I have to chose God, to chose to love him in my neighbour in the present moment. So, when I get up, above all I live and do things for my greatest love in life: Jesus on the Cross, my only good. In him I have chosen God every moment of the day. So, this morning I got up not feeling great having had little sleep, with no or little appetite, my stomach not working properly, in danger of feeling sorry for myself, not really wanting to go to hospital, certainly not wanting to start another round of chemo! But all of these things I can actively offer to my greatest love in life wrapped as presents thanking him for being alive, for the sun shine, for his presence amongst us, for his special love today. 

The second thing that gave me great joy was Chiara's realisation that we have to live in communion. Emmaus confirmed the same for me in the early days of this particular part of my holy journey. Facebook, blogs, communion of my reflections are not some "mechanism" or "procedure". I realise that I cannot keep for myself what God has given me as a gift. These are his expression of his love for me, which I have to share to be free to love him. Is it not a miracle to see how amidst what seems so negative, He will always find a purpose, an excuse to be amongst us! With him in our midst how can I complain? How can I be unhappy if he is with me? DIM comes to mind again! Many things I have to ask myself: DIM (Does it Matter)?

No comments:

Post a Comment