Friday 14 September 2012

A marvellous life

Today is a special day: The Exaltation of the Holy Cross made me think of the way we look at sanctity, which seems a little bit of a distant concept for me probably because I don't understand it well. However, I have been been struck by the fact that we are going towards sanctity together, by loving one another. At the base of it all is the love of each one for Jesus on the Cross. It is not easy to always have the choice of God present in my life when I can get caught up so quickly in the things of the day, but it is actually the only way to allow him to do his part and for me to be what he wants me to be. DIM (Does it matter) takes on a more profound meaning, in that I know that God comes before anything else. Anything then becomes a means, a vehicle to love more, almost an excuse to establish a relationship of mutual love with my neighbour in the present moment in order that Jesus can be amongst us. I have to give, to donate my idea, my way of doing things, of looking at things, because I think God wants us to do things together. 

But to do this I have to love first of all Jesus on the Cross, I have to love God above all else! It also allows me to really love, ie not to expect anything from the other, not to want things done my way because I know best, not to be attached not even to sharing my experience, but to make sure God in all comes first! Can I do this? Probably not, but the great ting about God's love is that he even helps me with this! Not only that, but I can always start again, no matter what, because his love has really no end, no memory, no expectations and leaves me completely free in each moment. 

This morning talking to someone after mass I was so struck how this love extends in our family of the movement far beyond the rules of this or that. I was struck how before anything else we try to love one another in every moment. That brings a great peace and joy knowing that everything is really in God's hands.

So, united in the present moment, loving one another and marvelling at the gifts God has put next to us in our neighbour makes our journey towards him so much more pleasant! I thank God for this time, this tumour, because of what opportunity he has given me to be closer to him, not in prayer perhaps, but in our midst! He is present because of the biggest gift Chiara has left us: She has opened our eyes, our understanding to the presence of Jesus Forsaken in each moment! The cross is always there, but with it there is always the resurrection. Each moment. What a marvellous life!

No comments:

Post a Comment