Sunday 30 December 2012

Why should you, a God love me, a created being, so much to die for me?


Today, being the feast of the Holy Family, I realised how much I owe my natural and spiritual family to be the person I am. My natural family has been a real gift, with both my parents giving me all the love I needed, but also all the love to understand and start my relationship with God. Both were God’s love for me, my brother and sister. For all the adventures we went through I was fortunate enough to learn that there is no joy without pain. Both parents in their own individual way had a relationship with God which showed in their relationship with their children! 
The inevitable had to happen for me: to meet my spiritual family, the Focolare Movement, living a communitarian spirituality! A different kind of family which in 1974 was the start of a journey together with others to God full of gifts, but most of all full of love. God loves me immensely and he always has even before I was born, and he always will. Love call for love in return and in order to love him back I wanted to dedicate my whole life to him! I wanted to love him in those moments when was least loved, least attractive; least considered and so together with others I gave my life, consecrated my life, to Jesus forsaken on the Cross! I thought if I love him in his most desperate moment at least he is not so lonely. A journey began, a Holy Journey, that is still taking me to totally unexpected places.  I have received so many graces and gifts because God is never outdone in loving others. Jesus on the Cross is Jesus who is one with the Father, who is Love, a love which gives itself totally, so totally that it is no longer there because it has given itself completely! Giving my life to him I have received the life of the Trinity! Jesus, I thank you for your love over all these years of starting again, of moments of vacillation, of those moments in which I thought I had worked it all out and go without you, but most of all I thank you for the gift of perseverance, of not letting me give up, but giving me the strength to start again! But as there are moments of suffering and pain, at the same time there moments of joy and light especially when you are present amongst us! All speaks to me of your love for me, even the darkest moment, when I cannot see your love, feel it as love, but I truly believe it because you cannot but love. Here is the greatest mystery: Why should you, a God love me, a created being, so much to die for me? Is there anything greater? So, I will continue to love you in my neighbour as you teach me always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment