Tuesday 4 December 2012

To give space to God in the other.

“To all who receive him he gave power to become children of God.” Just reflecting on this I am a amazed at the enormous gift. I am a child of God not by merit but by a gift of love from Him. Not only that, everybody else is a child of God and if God is our father, we are brothers and sisters, equal! Sounds obvious, but from my, our behaviour, we don’t treat each other as equal. How many times do I put me before loving God in my neighbour. I have all the experience in this and that, I know best, because I have done it before, I have a talent from God! More and more I discover that all these things are given into my hand to make his love visible! When I and my talents, inspirations and gifts from God get in the way of taking time to love my neighbour, it is always me. Where there is me there God can’t be! Here is the challenge: To love the way Jesus loved when he was on the cross, giving everything, becoming nothing out of love! 

Our father brings us up, makes us grow with what he holds most precious, if we chose to follow him: His very nature is Love. God is love and he wants me to be that same love! But the greatness of his love is to give me complete freedom, freedom to love him. I realise that once I love him I am a child of his. But his love is very visible, because I can go to him through the person next to me! What a gift. When I woke up this morning with a cold, my bandage was coming off during the night. I was worried and realised I was all looking at me. At breakfast there was an occasion to love my neighbour forgetting about me, being nothing out of love. If I love God in my neighbour in the present God loves me in return. He cannot be outdone in generosity. So I am at peace. So, today I want to dedicate to being that nothingness of love in the present moment, to give space to God in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment