Wednesday 5 December 2012

Love is a strong comandment



Love one another, is a strong commandment! I can never reflect on this enough, because I don’t think I will ever fully grasp what love means. God who is love has given me all of himself, me a creature, made by him out of love! He has also given me the precious gift of freely love him in my neighbour in the present. Knowing that I will not be able to do this all the time because my nature as created being has given me his only son! On the cross Jesus Forsaken became one with me. He became like me and he is present within me and around me, in my limitations and all circumstances, in my brothers and sisters. All around me speaks of God’s love if I can only look through the eye of Jesus on the Cross. The immensity of his love for me, for us becomes suddenly apparent because I am in a different dimension. 

So, the fact that I am tired, suffering from a cold, very limited in my activity, frustrated and unreliable in memory and decision making all speaks of God’s love for me because I am a little bit like Jesus on the Cross, and he carried on being outside of himself to love, to be a gift to others. What great opportunity for the others for a gift for me! This makes me realise the enormity of God’s love! So, how can I reduce this divine love just to me and my world! It would not be love. Today, I dedicate to being the gift of love in the present moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment