Sunday 23 December 2012

Giving all my love to him in every person I meet!


Yesterday I rediscovered in a big way the reality of the presence of Jesus in my neighbour! How many chances do I miss to bring to life the presence of Jesus amongst us if only I loved my neighbour in the present moment as a gift of God’s love! “Love one another as I have loved you”, not love me as I have loved you! Whatever you have done to the least of these you have done to me.” My brother and sister next to me in the present moment are the best gift of love God has given me! It is a true discovery in every moment to find that all that happens to me is an expression of His love for me in that moment. Loving him in my brother and sister by being open, giving all in the present, Jesus will not be outdone in love and it is then that “where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there in their midst.” Is that presence of Jesus amongst us not worth everything? Do I really want to miss out on the life with God amongst us at the expense of my little one dimensional vision of life? When there is that presence of Jesus amongst us I discover that
1. I am truly created to love with God’s love,
2. I am an expression of his love 
3. To love I have to give, be in communion with my brothers and sisters. Love does not keep anything back and gives all! 
4. Only in loving can I be what God wants me to be: His word thought of from eternity! That is how much I am loved!

Often I put God in a box, I see him as static, I want him to be the same confining him to religion, church and liturgy. And yes God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, but at the same time he is also always new, a person who changes always and is life! He never loves us in the same way, because if I respond to his love his love for me will be different from before!  Isn't that a great gift? Today I want to dedicate to a special intention and giving all my love to him in every person I meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment