Thursday 13 December 2012

Joy of God by loving through the gifts he has given me


Today I was struck by the fact that God has thought of each one of us since all eternity! He did not come with idea when I was born, and that tells me even more about the immensity of his love for each one of us. As he is love by nature all he creates is love. I am an expression of his love as is everybody else! If I love with God’s love, I can bring him to my neighbour in the present moment, but I can also be the joy of God! It is when I am living for myself that I become empty and nothing makes sense. But even if that happens, God loves me so much that he has given me his son. This morning I was struck by the thought, that the saints are different from me in one way: they always start again to love whenever they stopped. Jesus on the cross started again to love and so can I always with him. 
But if God has thought of me forever, I am already complete in his mind in heaven! Loving him in my neighbour in the present he allows us together to discover the plan as we go along. So, it’s not just me understanding what he has in mind for me, but in loving the other, we understand our talents for each other. That means that in giving my particular gift out of love, I bring God and I am the joy of God, because it is not me and my ability, but having given the talent out of love God can be in me. Today I will dedicate to being the joy of God by loving through the gifts he has given me

1 comment:

  1. Manfred,

    I've wanted for some days now to let you know that I read your thoughts, together with the day's gospel and the password, to begin each day. If I manage to put them into effect in my daily life, I enrich others as you have enriched me. The gifts God has given you are multiplied. I thank you for corresponding to the grace you've been given, and I thank God for the Ideal that has brought us together.

    Blessed Advent!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete