Friday 14 December 2012

Be love and stop at the means to become that love

Yesterday I was upgrading a computer which I had prepared for days for this. So I thought after a relay profound reflections in the morning of having a good god at it when the time was right offering everything. Then the time came, there were unexpected difficulties, which meant I had to spent more time and energy on the matter. I could get myself feeling angry, upset, obsessed with the whole thing! Then, once taken the step of entrusting it all to God, just before going to bed it fell into the right place. 

This morning I realised how far I am from really being nothing out of love! There is always the illusion that a good reflection, a good morning or evening prayer, or anything that is positive for my union with God is that union with God. Chiara showed me this morning that fundamental truth that I can read and meditate all the gospels, the whole scripture, I can never miss a prayer, feel actually quite good, being in union with God at the time and for the rest of the day… It made me think of the need to be clear about the forms and means that help me to be more in union with him and the reality to be in union with him. I seem to remember St Paul saying something like that. The balance is always being love, being nothing so that he can be in me. 

Today, I dedicate to being that love and not stop at the means to become that love

No comments:

Post a Comment