Friday 28 December 2012

Making God’s love for each one of us visible


How much have I got to love my neighbour: “Love your neighbour as yourself” Jesus says.  It is a tall order! All I do can be love for my neighbour if it is a gift of love in the present. So, if I am on my own I can be ready to give everything without living in my little world. Yesterday for example I started to do the shopping online, order one or two items for the kitchen that needed replacing, carry on sorting out the computers and making a plan for the archives, which is a pretty boring job. All of this done within my new limits in the present moment. I am very conscious how much it is living together with Jesus, who is there in a phone call or an SMS or in person of somebody who comes to the door.  
Jesus taught us really two important things, which in practice I don’t always remember:
1. We have all one Father. He has made us in his image in nature. As he is Love, we are love, made, designed to love one another.  How many times do I stop at external aspect my neighbour presents such as an opinion, an appearance, a behaviour and then categorise, put into boxes what I take as truth just because I have seen it! That is not the love of my Father!
2. Because we all have one Father we are all brothers and sisters. How can I than sit in judgement over my brother or sister, when we are equal? Even more, if God loves me all the time any neighbour that I meet is there as his expression of love for me! How can I say God doesn’t love me, if he surrounds me every day with brothers and sisters, gifts of his love for me? 
I realise that my way to God is loving my neighbour: I – my neighbour – God. We go together to God being not ourselves, but in giving everything out of love for him to be present in us and amongst us. What greater gift can there be! We can live with Him all the time! It is this love that changes relationships, that comes above anything, but excludes nothing! And if I don’t “manage”, that is also his love for me, because God cannot cease loving! I am immersed in his love and it seems to me that all that happens to me is his love urging me to love him in return in the person he puts next to me! God’s love for each one becomes visible if I love my neighbour with that same love. Today I dedicate to making God’s love for each one of us visible through loving my neighbour in the present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment