Friday 21 December 2012

I don’t want to lose sight of my great love: Jesus on the Cross.


Listening to Emmaus addressing the retreat of those living in the focolare communities in Rome on 22nd Nov12, I was quite moved! 
So let’s take all these vows seriously, let’s live them completely, with commitment and faithfulness. Once we say our yes to God, it must be a yes that is truly said with all heart, soul, and forever. But we must be aware that we are doing it so as to help us live our vocation, which is unity and the life of communion. The vows are for unity and the life of communion. 
It became clear to me once more that the way forward in this period for me and us is communion! If I am poor of goods, of relationships and my own will I find myself full of the gifts from God, in the midst of the most beautiful family in the world, because full of the presence of God, and loved by God! Where there is communion, sharing of the gifts God gives us, there is God because his nature is sharing out of love! It’s his nature! 
So that our vows may be a true ‘yes’ to Love, to Jesus Forsaken, the super Love. That they may support and substantiate a profound rebirth of the Trinitarian life in the focolares -, the only answer to the world’s thirst for communion.
My life is consecrated to Jesus on the Cross. It is only if I live like him, giving all out of love, going beyond the suffering toward the other person and thereby being nothing out of love, that he, God can live within me! So, then I am happy that all that is not love is taken away to leave only Love living amongst us. I am happy that all I write can circulate, because it is no longer mine, it is given out of love, And love calls for more love because God cannot be outdone in loving! And so I find myself with more unexpected gifts! 
So let’s not confuse freedom that comes from love, and freedom that comes from being able to say anything. It could also be a kind of deception when you feel free because all is said. Afterwards, what are you free from? We become prisoners of ourselves, of our way of seeing things, of our way of thinking. 
Being and not being out of love at the same time, saying things not saying things out of love, feeling free and not feeling free out of love, this is God’s life, the life of his love of the Trinity! Everything is lived out of love given as a gift for the other. Quite a challenge for me which I can only live in communion with others and with Jesus Forsaken at my side. Today I don’t want to lose sight of my great love: Jesus on the Cross.   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Manfred for all you continue to share with us. I hope you have a lovely Christmas full of the life of the Trinity. Angela

    ReplyDelete