Wednesday 12 December 2012

A channel of God's love


Be a gift for the other. I was reflecting on God’s love for me. He is always a gift and he is always the first to love! Yesterday was quite a challenge to be the first to love. When I went to the GP I was more or less greeted by a very routine going through the motions attitude. No question about how I was coping, or anything I needed help with, etc. We very quickly went through the medication and I was told to get bloods done and An appointment would be made to look at my reducing prescription. I left with many a quick judgement. When I came home I decide to get some sleep, without even looking at anybody else’s needs, or even being open to others. I am tired, I am ill, I need to sleep. Not an attitude of being the first to love. The day carried on like this and I realised that I was getting more and more caught up with myself.  I wasn’t even discovering God in everything and everyone! I had lost him! But even then, I towards the end of the day I realised that there was a great opportunity to offer all as on gift of love to Jesus on the Cross. Jesus Forsaken at least let me love you with all the misery and pain I caused so that the day is not lived in vain. All has immense value if done out of love.
Today I want to dedicate to being a channel of God’s love no matter what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment