Tuesday 11 December 2012

Discovering God’s love in everything and everyone.

I was struck by the fact that loving one another with God’s love means to create totally new relationships and to discover that to love like this is living the life of the Trinity! As brothers and sisters, having one Father, he has made us like him: “Designed” to love one another, to be there for one another in the present, to be in communion with each other, not to keep his gifts for ourselves but give them freely as an act of love. Despite the distinctions I make the separations I create, that love continue to be there for me. I can be sure that my Father loves me immensely. I always find the New Commandment more logical: Love one another, as I have loved you! If I, your big brother, have shown you how to love, I don’t expect anything in return. Then my love would be such. No, give that gift you have received to your brother or sister with the same expectation. There is a good description of the characteristics of God’s love for us:

1. God is always the first to love
2. God loves everybody
3. God loves always 
4. God loves putting himself in my condition ready to die for me
5. God’s love has no interest or expectations

Today I want to dedicate to discovering God’s love in everything and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment