Saturday 15 December 2012

Let Jesus fill in my programme for the day


How easy it is for me to get caught up in the daily detail slipping into my mental categories, my humanity made up of quick judgements, opinions, habits of life, including being ill and the routines of life that come with it such as meditations, prayers, my tasks in focolare, in the movement and linked with that my expectations? Then I find myself in something Chiara wrote: 
Many - erring - look at other people and at things wanting to possess them! And their look is selfish or envious or in any case sin. Or they look within themselves for something or to possess their souls, and their looks are empty because they are weary or upset.
So, does that mean all these things that come so natural to me are not good? No, but it is important to be balanced! All that is done out of love is very precious. I am ill out of love. Do I pray out of love? A sure sign of doing things out of love is the lack of attachment, ready to give everything in the present moment out of love. Once again Chiara provides me with the answer:
Look outside of you and not within you, not at the things around you, not at the other to possess, but look to God outside of yourself to be united with him.
I remember her saying elsewhere that we should have no thoughts and no will so we can have God’s thoughts and do his will! Life even on a practical level becomes very simple and yet challenging, because my only interest is to give, not have any interests out of love. Despite all the external pressure and indications of urgency I have to learn to do things according to God’s time frame and not mine! Today I want to dedicate to live according to God’s time table to help my neighbour to love in the present moment. Let him fill my diary from now on. I will put something into start with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment