Thursday 6 December 2012

Love with God's Love

Loving my neighbour in the present moment is really against the current mentality! I find it always very easy to express my thoughts and opinions on one thing or another without taking into account the way I do it. Yesterday at home we looked at a few practical arrangements and naturally there are different perspectives and opinions, which is very nice because we are all unique. I realised again, that we were all gifts of God’s love for one another, unique! In that uniqueness we need to comprehend each other. I realise that in order to love, ie to give I need time. Jesus “wastes” a lot of time with me in order that I understand and respond to his love. So I need to take the time to love my neighbour in the present with without hurry, instead of making instant judgements before the other has even had time to finish. Love by nature gives itself totally, to the point of being nothing, of not being precisely out of love! It is love’s very nature. Only being nothing out of love, being can God who is love be in me!

If I give my life to God, I don’t have it anymore, it belongs to him. I am his, not mine and he can come to me because there is a space for him. Then, everything that happened to me is an expression of that love of God for me! 

But loving God for me is very visible because he commanded me to love him in every person that passes in the present moment. If we love one another than there is God amongst us. I can live with the Trinity, with God himself! What a gift for today’s world. God, present in his creation transforming everything because of his infinite concrete, visible love for us. I think we are the most fortunate people on earth, if can really love one another with God’s love.

No comments:

Post a Comment