Monday 20 August 2012

Your love for me

In order to welcome in ourselves the All it is necessary to be nothing as Jesus Forsaken. (...) It is necessary to be in front of everyone in an attitude of learning also because we really have to learn from others.
I understood these days what it actually means to be nothing. It is not just nothing as in denying my abilities, the talents God has given me. It is not the attitude of "I am not worthy and have nothing to say or contribute". It is not the attitude of "I rather not say anything because I am not as capable as the others". All attitudes I once held in the belief that God wanted me to be more humble. In these days I learnt what humility really is: First of all my hosts! The ability to simply love by deeds, in the small things, the cup of coffee, share the daily struggles not as giving lectures of life, but simply without fuss trying each day together to understand that God loves us immensely! But most of all never to give up loving each other even if the other some time drive you up the wall. Secondly, I went to visit a convent of the Poor Clare's. I had the impression of entering a bit of Paradise! The serenity  freedom and joy was tangible. This is what I want: free from everything to live for God!
Anyway to be nothing means really to be an active "nothing", a "nothing" that loves and is love. And I have experienced this in practice on Saturday when a few of us got together: In order to love I have to offer my opinion, I can offer my insights but once offered they are no longer mine. Instead of looking at my view or your view t then becomes and us, and our view, and the whole conversation becomes almost a by product of the most important thing: to love one another! I still find this very difficult because I can get all consumed in a good argument and quickly forget the other person! Equally I can get all wrapped up in some nice moments with people without putting them at the centre. So, I ask myself: Is there anything more important to come between me and the relationship with my neighbour? I can't think of anything! So, I carry on loving in the present moment, living for the other being that nothingness of love. 
Jesus how I thnk you for all your gifts, but most of all for your love for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment