Thursday 16 August 2012

To love in the present

Today I am finding it really difficult to focus, to live the present moment. I suppose part of this is to do with the fact that I had a very good night's sleep and I am very chuffed with progress on the eating front. In the moment I am into toast and I had loads of it, but more so yesterday I had a plate of pasta!! Is it the change of environment, is it the food, is it the recovery process from the chemo? It doesn't really matter. It is a gift from God. 

So, back to the present moment leaving things behind and loving my neighbour. I have offer to look at some computers and I will do that ...as an act of love. 

Jesus, thank you for today, thank you for your help to make sure that I remain always focussed on you. Today you ask to forgive one another so that the Father will forgive us. I understood that love only knows love. So, if I love by forgiving my neighbour, God who is love can see that. If I don't forgive, I don't love, and God can't see, so he can't forgive me! It's quite strong this, and easy to forget in the hustle and bustle of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment