Thursday 2 August 2012

Together with Him

This morning seems a little strange. After a very interrupted night I am already quite tired shattering the illusion if I ever had it, that I am fit and well. Over the past two or three days I have been quite active, but perhaps too much so and things are catching up with me. I really can't do what I was used to some time ago! My body knows that, but does my mind?
Jesus, I offer you this continuous limitation, this being able to do little! But is it little, if anything I do out of love cannot be little? 
Under a different perspective I am quite conscious of how much I am in God's hand. Yesterday I learnt that Umberto de Osti went to Paradise. The day before Padre Novo, the week before Dimitri ended up in hospital and today someone else I know well is on his way to hospital. Mark's dad went to Paradise not long ago, Sam Penny went to Paradise. It all points to the fact that life here is very temporary, despite the fact that most of us behave as if we are here forever. 
More than anything else Jesus is telling me to live well in the present moment. Bring love where there is no love and you will find love! I have to live each moment as if it was the last moment I have. I became very conscious of this yesterday speaking to my mother about a relative we have not had contact for over 20 years due to some row . I asked her for the phone number to speak to them at the weekend. So many things become unimportant in the light of all this. The most important aspect of my life is to love my neighbour. Only Jesus amongst us can give us peace and joy. Only he makes sense of all this. There lies the challenge: to see everything with His eyes. If we are made to love, if we are made to love one another, if we are made to have Jesus amongst us, He will give us the help to live well our adventure with him moment by moment. One of the big gifts is to be able to go together through these moments, because then Jesus is always with us. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your Blog, Manfred. It is 'fruitful vine' of wisdom, from which we can all learn how to focus on the essential, and so be free of all the incidental attachments and discouragements that can deflect us from the path that God has planned for us. Don't worry that you can no longer do what you used to do. What you are doing now is much more valuable!

    1 John G.

    ReplyDelete