Thursday 23 August 2012

A great opportunity

Today I am struck by the thought that we are "designed" to interact with others. I can not think of any action that does not involve or has an effect on another person. Even when it seems that I act alone this is still true! 
Chiara speaks of a collective spirituality which is founded on the choice of God above everything else by the individuals who live it. This choice is expressed in our choice of Jesus on the Cross. Whilst I make this choice first of all in my own heart, it leads me to love my brother and sister and thereby Jesus lives amongst us. What a great gift this is! 

The second important bit of the collective spirituality is the travelling together. Each one  on their Holy Journey, of which perhaps for a short distance we go together, then in the next present moment I travel with someone else. Thus, today I travelled briefly with my mother, my brother, with colleagues at work, with friends, the window cleaner and the postie. So rather than see others as "inconvenience" or someone who disturbs me, I discover the hidden treasures in person I deal with in the present moment! But most of all I can discover the way God loves me through that neighbour. Sometimes it is easy to discover, sometimes that love is more hidden. 

How many gifts are waiting for me! This is the revolution: To aim to live with the Trinity amongst us transforming all relationships into love! What a bomb this is! God amongst men and women! The only thing I need to do, put him above everything else, which I can by just reminding myself each morning and each evening: 
Because you are Forsaken Jesus, because you are Desolate Mary, I offer you this day. As Jesus and Mary loved God the Father above all, even in the most extreme suffering so can I! What a great opportunity!

And each surprise makes me smile. We are going our road together for a while, be it a moment or longer! So I am never alone! Beautiful. If I feel alone, it's because I can not see the treasures hidden in the others! Today then I want to find and count these gifts. I bet there will be lots of smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment