Monday 29 October 2012

There is only love

This weekend has been quite special in many ways for me. Seeing our not so small family of the focolare, meeting many people, even if only briefly, I could not help but feel like the son of a king! the many gifts. The way everyone I met was God's gift for me. I am tempted to name quite a few people but it would be unfair, because everybody was a gift for he other. It was an very special weekend for me, because I was living in the light, with Jesus truly amongst us! It was a special grace and it was truly an experience of the Holy Spirit at work! The richness and true revolution of our relationships lies in a simple phrase: "Love one another as I have loved you." Once again I understood what that actually meant in practice:
  1. Being rather then doing. If I am love for the other I have truly loved.
  2. To love means to accept the other in the present moment as a gift from God as he/she is, completely! If God accepts me completely can I do anything else with my brother or sister? 
  3. Make haste to love but not to love hastily. Take time for the other. There were true meetings this weekend! 
  4. I can always love! There is nothing that stops me from loving my neighbour in each present moment. 
  5. As Jesus on the Cross continued to give, to love so can I in my situation. As always, one thing is what I would like to do quite another is to give forgetting myself and not looking for a return. That is love. 
  6. Communion increases our love for one another. I can be a gift to the other! And the other for me!
..and then amongst all the things there is only love that remains. How much more fortunate can we be?



No comments:

Post a Comment