Thursday 25 October 2012

Jesus I want what you want, because I love you

Every morning and every evening I pray "Jesus, because you are forsaken on the cross I offer you this day or this night!" It is a constant reminder of God's immense love for me. He, a God, gave his life for me, a created being! In response to that love I want to be there to return that love. 
How many times amidst the tears of any kind of pain and suffering can I respond to his love through a smile, a friendly word, a simple friendly gesture! How many times do I ask myself: Is what I now do loving Jesus in my brother or sister or is it for my own benefit? Is what I do in the present standing between me and the other person? If it does, it is also standing between me and Jesus! 
I have to be very careful that my conversation with Jesus, my prayer, is not clouded by self interest along the lines of: Jesus I talk to you because I want something from you, like a longer life, health, peace or whatever it is. His love is totally free, without any hidden agenda. I want to love him in my neighbour like that in the small things of the day, such as getting some bread, making the effort  for the other without expecting anything in return. There are so many gifts in return, but the greatest of them all is the joy and peace that come from being close to God, of being immersed in God, who is love. What more do I really want in life! Everything I have done and will do passes away, all I live for if without love for my neighbour will disappear! I discover always more that all the things God puts in my way are there to make my love for him in my neighbour visible. In return he remains with me always. What a gift! So, I just say to Jesus: I want what you want, because...I love you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment