Monday 22 October 2012

Immersed in God

I have been up and down emotionally in these past few hours, before returning to the three important things I have understood:
  1. There is no other way than to be in the present, loving the person next to me, be outside myself. Looking at myself, at the tumour, at what may be is futile, because I only have the present. 
  2. Loving my my neighbour even in only the small things open the way for a communion of our lives that will increase as our love increases. In that communion Jesus is present and give us light. Hence the blog and facebook etc. 
  3. With the light I can see a purpose of love I can give my day dedicating my life in every moment to the sufferings and pains around me, another way of loving. In this way I can share in the sufferings of others. 
Living like this I discover lots of presents, real gifts of God given to me by so many others, a sure sign of God's presence. I am truly immersed in God and I stay immersed in God by living the three things I have understood. Then there is no need for fear. I discovered a great song that expresses this will. Unfortunately it is in Italian, but below is the English translation of the bit of the song that touched me most. Io non ho paura. I like it very much!

I'm not afraid
Of what I can not understand
I'm not afraid
Of what I can not see
I'm not afraid
Of what I can not explain
Of what will change us

No comments:

Post a Comment