Friday 12 October 2012

In the Present

Love above all else was what came to my mind today. When I got up I had a few things going through my head. I must do this and I must do that. Then I tried to put these things into my day, first this, then that, then the next thing. Then I received an unexpected call from a friend in Italy. My first reaction was "not now"! Then: Jesus, thanks for calling. Then I went to share my experience at the Centre for Unity with a group of Lutheran pastors on retreat. Coming home I had a phone call from work. My diary was written full of appointments by God! After all I had handed my diary to him!

The most important thing for me was to understand that the best I can offer is a different kind of relationship. I can love and that is the most important thing. Then I can do the things God wants me to do, being at peace about those things I did not manage. So I ask him to put the other things into my diary when he sees fit.

Suddenly living the present fully is not such a bad thing, because I can get those things done which are important not for me, but for the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment