Tuesday 16 October 2012

Just another moment

Yesterday was a bit of a reflective day. I was very conscious of all the gifts God has given me over this last period. Even in the moments of deepest darkness he is there and as on the cross he shows me again how I can sometimes through pure will power be outside myself to loving my neighbour in the present moment.  Just as Jesus did on the cross! Nothing is mine and all is for the love of my neighbour, for the love of Jesus who is passing by, asking me to sort out old papers or fix he computer, or give my experience, or listen to someone on the phone, or to reply to a request or to ask me to clean the toilet. If Jesus, my best buddy, is asking for it I will do it right away and the request becomes the visible expression of my love for him. If I don't see it that way it becomes an interruption of my busy life. So, hopefully when I get to meet Jesus he is going to say: My computer was bust and you fixed it, I needed to talk to someone and you were there, etc... But I have to be careful not to love him because I want to go to Paradise! I love him because it's him!!! In every person he is present! As it was with a simple phone call from a friend. She made me smile just by being herself! 

Be available to the other in the present moment, have the time, make the time, not hurrying things even if sometimes there seems no other possibility. I know it seems madness in the rat race we are often in, but I think sometimes that I will not be asked have you every little thing you were given to do? I am reminded of St Paul, even if I do the most holy and commendable things but have no love it is worth nothing. My challenge is again to be rather than to do. To love then, also means that I am not alone, and many a situations was resolved because I simply loved my neighbour, Then where two or three...Jesus was there too. What more do I want!

Then I discover that getting to the evening having done only half the things I set out to do, but being happy for the gifts I have discovered in the people I met is preferable to having many things done, be exhausted and ... still have more things to do tomorrow! The other person is worth much more than the things we are chasing. I have to have the courage of putting people first and to be. Then I will always live with Jesus! And if tomorrow I have to meet him, it will just be another moment, because we have been together all this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment