Saturday 27 October 2012

Jesus see you there

“O Lord, let me not henceforth desire health or life except to spend them for you, with you, and in you. You alone know what is good for me; do therefore what seems best to you. Give to me or take from me; conform my will to yours; and grant that with humble and perfect submission and in holy confidence I may receive the orders of your eternal providence, and may equally adore all that comes to me from you,” (Blaise Pascal).
Perhaps not a language I would use, but then this was along time ago I like it, because  God alone knows what is good for me, everything also becomes an expression of his love for me. The sleepless night, a resulting physical malaise, a certain grumpiness and whatever else the day has to offer! All says to me: I love you especially and immensely. How can I not reply with love for him in everybody that passes next to me? Today I will see lots of familiar faces of our little family of the Focolare and I am really looking forward to it. But Jesus make sure I really love fully in the present moment without haste, in peace so that you can be amongst us! Without you there is nothing. With you in our midst it is your love that can transform everything. Jesus, see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment