Thursday 4 October 2012

Love without end

Today I had a profound experience of the "how" in my life rather than the "what"! I have the impression that we all, including me in my situation, are getting very quickly and very easily caught up in the "what", that is I must get my point across and I have rights and whoever wrongs me has responsibilities. Once I start on that road like that the only possible outcome is humiliation for one and satisfaction resulting from the humiliation for the other! And where does the relationship ends up? In the gutter usually. I had a brief examination of conscience to see whether any of the "causes" for any breakdown in relationships were justified by the importance of the subject matter and I came to the conclusion there was no cause important enough! So, I hear someone say, to love means to be walked all over! 
No, to love means to point out any mistakes but without the expectation of a reply. I wrote to the reception manager but before I sent off the letter I shared it with someone else to make sure it was not just me but it was an expression of love for the other. Today I received a phone call from the main GP of the practice. we had a great conversation and it was not so much about me and them but for me it was about loving the other person, being one with her. The conversation ended very positively and I think we were both  happy. 
I was reminded of the Word of Life actually! Jesus says pay out the net, in my case carry on loving despite the apparent hopelessness of the situation, and he does intervene! Another piece of the united world built! If we keep at it who knows how long it will take before we all will be one!
I could not help but reflect how much God love me to the extent that he is always ready to start again, without creating a fuss! His love really has no end, so my love for him in my neighbour cannot be without end!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Manfred. Your blog is like a tonic for the mind as well as the soul!In the darkest moments of the past few days, I remember thinking "I must read Manfred's blog! I needed the medicine. Thank you. Sempre uno,

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to remind myself that we are a gift to one another. It is together that we can show God's love for us!

    ReplyDelete