Sunday 7 October 2012

Jesus I can still love you

Important is to have a single idea of ​​'our neighbour'.
It 's the person who passes us in the present moment of our lives. Always be ready to serve that person, because in her/him we serve God  (Have a) simple eye (which means) to see one Father, to serve God in the our neighbour, having one brother, Jesus. "
Reading this, life seems very simple! I just love my brother or sister in the present moment. Then all the things to do are the vehicle, the expression of that love! I just have to be careful that they don't become greater than the love with which I love my neighbour. A sure sign for me that whatever we do has become greater , more important than the love in the present moment, is when I fall out over something, when I my opinion, my experience, my way of doing things becomes  so important that the relationship is no longer simple and free. Just before that happens I now apply DIM (does it matter?). It works every time!! Yesterday a friend cancelled his visit today and for me it was a great disappointment because I wanted so much to see him. Then, I realized that in my heart this disappointment was becoming an obstacle to love him to the end. The disappointment was perhaps just because I loved him expecting some thing in return, namely a visit. This is not love! So Jesus turned something into love, which wasn't love before! Now I am at peace and full of joy, because I remembered I  gave my diary to him to complete. Given that I am not feeling too great Jesus is really looking after me!

Yesterday, I went  to meet a few friends to share a bit of my experience. First of all I asked Jesus for him to speak and not me. For me, this is becoming increasingly important: Giving without expecting anything in return! Love is to give. 
So I start with the dedication of my day: I give all my sorrows, all my joys as an expression of love for this or that. Always give, without expecting anything in return. I want to give everything, like Jesus did and as he does through me. I like the expression Chiara used: "Let him/her (my brother or sister) eat me." Or in others word et me be ready to love to the extent that I am ready to give my life in the present moment. 

So last night I remember going to the Centre for Unity. I could have styed at home being ill and all that. Yes, I got tired, but tired because I loved! and I got joy in return! So I can give my contribution. I remembered that today is the planning meeting of Bright Lights. My first thought was very selfish. No one speaks, no one wants to know what I think, no one wants me to contribute I get no feedback I am cut out, just because I am ill. Then, I had a quick chat with Jesus who made me understand that I have to love these brothers and sisters the way he wants and not the way I do! Yes, I have to give my life, but even that has to be love! 

Important, then, that I'm free, free to be able to love. Jesus, I give you my general physical discomfort today, I give you my selfish attitude, I give all of me in this present moment.  I will do everything I can to look outside of me, at you in my neighbour, be ready love giving my life in the present moment! Why? Because if I look only to myself and to my misery I do not see the immense love of God that awaits me in my neighbour! Jesus, thank you because I can still love you!

2 comments:

  1. Grazie Manfred!

    I think your contribution IS "bright light", may not be so evident on the surface, but it is behind any joy or positive achievement, perhaps somewhere else ... Chiara used to say that for every grace we receive, someone else has 'payed out' for us through their suffering embraced.
    I'll try to join in in the love for my neighbour, today in a special way.
    Gianni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, Gianni, because it shows how much we are linked to one another. God does not want us to be alone, we are not created for that.

    ReplyDelete