Friday 5 October 2012

A God's love for me

I have to laugh at the inconsistency of the human being! On the one hand we want to be given a chance, we like to be loved and respected for who we are and what we do. On the other hand we are quick to pass judgement on others if not openly, certainly in our heads. Whilst we like to think we are all equal, we find it difficult to fully accept the difference of the other person! How often do we think our is the best way, we know what we are talking about, etc. But the greatest laugh for me is the fact that I am trying to tell God what to do! God, here are my ideas and my plans and this is how you fit in to them! Job today very wisely acknowledges: God Perhaps I should shut up, because You have been around a little longer than I have!
I am beginning to understand much more profoundly what it means for us to be sons and daughters of one father: we are all brothers and sisters! Very simple really! 
Give us to love You, O God, not only every day, because they can be too few days that remain, but give us in each present moment to love You with all my heart, soul and strength in what is your will.
Again, what more do I need to do? So, instead of looking at myself, whether I am ok, whether things "are going as planned", I follow the daily agenda filled in by God and discover that he loves me in every moment in so many different ways! I just need to discover these. Living the present moment is one of those enormous gifts. I found this:
And there is no reason to worry, because everything is in God's hands and He will not let you accomplish nothing but his will, which is always for our good.
  What more do I need! Can I have more than a God that loves me and shows me his love every moment of my life? Amongst us, you are there, in my daily sufferings and pains, you are there on the cross, in me, you are there! Jesus, thanks for keeping me immersed in you all day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment