Monday 22 October 2012

Back to the present

Isn't it interesting to see how quickly I can get caught up in the little things of the day! Today the telephone engineer is supposed to come and I am without inner peace!! I want him to come now. Today I need to go to the surgery to get my prescription sorted out and I am restless! What if my medication is not there! I have until Wednesday!! How many present moments is that! 
In the mean time moments pass and I don't love because I am not in God! Jesus I need you to give me patience, I need you to help me to be. Only in God and with God, only in love and with love do I make any progress.
Funny also how things put themselves together! From today's gospel:
Watch, and be on your guard against avarice of any kind, for a man’s life is not made secure by what he owns, even when he has more than he needs.
It is not the prescription and the telephone, but it is me being immersed in God through loving my neighbour in the present moment. That is all I have, that is all that counts. This immersion can be greatly helped by my sharing what God gives me to understand and to live. Communion increases mutual love, simple! Where there is love there is God, Where there is God there is peace and joy.

5 comments:

  1. Manfred,
    I've not read your postings for a few days, and am pleased and relieved to find you still so alive, so reflective. I'm trying to get some work done on important presentations that I must make at the end of the week in Dallas, and I find myself drawn away by almost any little distraction. So your resolve to be immersed in God through loving my neighbour in the present moment is a gift for me right now...as is the password for today, "Non aspettare di essere riamati." The peace and joy come not from what I get back, but from what I can give, and keep giving.

    Tom (Chicago)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bro, found this yesterday in my books.
    It's a thought of Blaise Pascal.
    Thought you might like it.

    Bye Sky

    "Gottes Wille geschehe!"

    Vater im Himmel, ich bitte
    weder um Gesundheit noch um Krankheit,
    weder um Leben noch um den Tod,
    sondern darum, daß du über meine
    Gesundheit und meine Krankheit,
    über mein Leben und meinen Tod
    verfügst zu deiner Ehre und meinem Heil.
    Du allein weißt, was mir dienlich ist.
    Du allein bist der Herr,
    tue, was du willst.
    Gib mir, nimm mir,
    aber mache meinen Willen
    dem deinen gleich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. Have you got an English translation, or a reference. It is simply marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “O Lord, let me not henceforth desire health or life except to spend them for you, with you, and in you. You alone know what is good for me; do therefore what seems best to you. Give to me or take from me; conform my will to yours; and grant that with humble and perfect submission and in holy confidence I may receive the orders of your eternal providence, and may equally adore all that comes to me from you” (Blaise Pascal).

      Delete