Monday 14 January 2013

Take the initiative and be the first to love


And when we take a point of the spirituality today, we must necessarily go back there, go back to those models and every time say: what does this mean for me today? Today, if there were nothing of what exists now, from where should I start? If they would ask me: “What do you want to do?” Love Jesus in my neighbour, recognize Jesus in my neighbour. This is the starting point of the Ideal, it’s the starting point of the life of the Movement, it’s the starting point of everything, it’s what set everything off, and that gave rise to everything in Chiara.
Back to the beginning in order to understand better what it means for me now! Today’s gospel struck me in the same way. Jesus is asking the apostles to follow him. They do without question. There is no “give me a minute” or “let me do this or that”. I imagine lives would be as busy then as now, perhaps with other things.
I am struck by the fact that if I only look at the things I can be aware of with my senses, I will miss one important aspect of my life, the divine dimension, the very essence I was created for: to love, to be love for my neighbour, because that’s what I am created for.
If God is Love he creates out of love. All he creates is love and my neighbour, created by God is his love for me! What a marvel and what a gift. Not only, if God is our Father, we are all brothers and sisters, equal without exception. Already this morning I had lot’s of gifts though people I met.
Back to the starting point then: Take the initiative and be the first to love as God is always the first to love us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment