Monday 28 January 2013

“Have an heroic love”


How should our love be so that it is in accordance with what Jesus demands from us?
We know a love that has death as a measure: to be willing to die for the other, for each neighbour.
A heroic love then: nothing less.
This is love: "... as I have loved you."
It is in this kind of love, conceived and lived in this way,
that we find a way to sanctify us in life.
It sounds dramatic and often we are not asked to give our lives every time, but it is the measure of loving my neighbour! Why? Because in every neighbour I can see Jesus, because every person that passes me by in the present moment is a gift for me, an expression of God’s love for me! If I want to love my neighbour the way God loves me, I have to be willing to give my life as he gave his life on the cross! 

No comments:

Post a Comment