Tuesday 8 January 2013

Do we know the treasure we hold in our hands every day?

My dear people,
let us love one another
since love comes from God
and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.
Anyone who fails to love can never have known God,
because God is love.
These are the readings for today. God is love and looking at the way he loves me, us every moment of my life I have a perfect example. 
1. God loved us first and he is always the one who loves us first. So, my first love has to be Him. But he also told me how to love him when he said: love one another as I have loved you. I have given my life for you on the cross, so are you ready to love one another laying down your life for one another? If I want to love with His love I have to be the first to love 
a. God in my neighbour in the present moment. Take the initiative and go towards the other, without waiting to be approached.  b. With a love that gives everything! Suddenly life becomes quite different because God is never outdone in love! 
2. God loves everybody! There is no exclusion and his love is universal. Not only that, he has created us from all eternity out of love and he has created each one of us a gift of love for one another. So, every person I meet today is God’s love for me! Everything that happens to me is God’s love for me, because I God is love he cannot but love. It is in his nature! 
It is such a great gift to be loved in every moment by God without any conditions. I am loved simply because I am who I am! Do we know the treasure we hold in our hands every day?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Manfred. I hope you experience Gods love from everyone who comes near you or thinks of or prays for you. Angela

    ReplyDelete