Friday 11 January 2013

I am living him and he is living me!


How can I not love my neighbour, if God loves me so much!! Yesterday morning on the way to the hospital my lack of patience was added to my lack of love for my brother! But even in that pain that I can find God’s love too!
God is loveand anyone who lives in love lives in God,and God lives in him.
God lives in me and in my neighbour! I am increasingly aware of the enormity of God’s love for me, just by contemplating Jesus on the Cross! He not only gave his life for me, he became like me, a created being subject to time and space, who ultimately felt totally abandoned by his father. He loved giving all of himself to the extent of being nothing, nothingness out of love! For us it is perhaps difficult to get our heads round that, but it is an amazing measure of God’s love for us, if one considers the difference between God and us, his creation!
God has given us eternal lifeand this life is in his Son;anyone who has the Son has life,anyone who does not have the Son does not have life.
The more I am united with Jesus by loving my neighbour in the way he does, I have his life! I am living in him and he in me, or better: I am living him and he is living me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment