Tuesday 15 January 2013

Each person is God’s gift,


“To see and love Jesus in my neighbour means to see and love God in my neighbour and more so to see and love my neighbour in God. Only then will I appreciate the depth, the authenticity and the eternity in my neighbour: God. Image and likeness of God, which s/he is and which s/he is called to be in communion with all human beings.” This poor translation from the Italian was written by a friend and struck me deeply, because it is a complete revolution.
·         By simply living Jesus’ new commandment I find myself in direct contact with God, God in my neighbour. Loving my neighbour in the present moment becomes a prayer a constant conversation with God.
·         God is love and all he creates is therefore love, including all my neighbours I meet in each present moment of the day! My love for God is made visible by my love for my neighbour!
·         God loves me through my neighbour! So that’s why Jesus insists on not judging my neighbour, because if I do I am judging God! And that’s definitely not love.

Treasure each person because each person is God’s gift, his expression of love for me and others as I am an expression of God’s love for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment