Friday 25 January 2013

Do not look at the “speck” in another’s eye



“‘Then, there were the difficulties caused by our own imperfections that each one had and with one another, so we decided not to see one another with human eyes, which only notice the speck in the other, forgetting the plank in their own, but those eyes that forgive all and forget all. We felt we had to forgive each other, imitating merciful God, so we made between us a sort of pact of mercy: that is to get up each morning and see one another as ‘new’, as if those ‘defects’ never existed. as ‘new’, as if those ‘defects’ never existed.”
There is a completely different way of considering my neighbour, which for me is a real revolution and challenge. If I consider that all God creates he does out of love, because his very nature is love, I have to look at my neighbour as God’s love for me! How can God’s love have defects? Looking at all that surrounds us with the eyes of God’s love changes my life, because I am no longer looking at the world around me with my eyes but with those who created the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment