Sunday 6 January 2013

I am living in a true community!


‘Go and learn what this means, “I desire mercy, not sacrifice.” ’
How can I go to God if not through my neighbour, the person he has put next to me in the present moment? I – my neighbour – God, which is quite a challenge! Traditionally it is easy for me to retire to my room and pray. I can go to Church and fulfil my obligations and it is between me and God. I might even think I am doing all that is expected of me and in the evening I get a kind of “feel good” factor, when everything seems ok with the world and with God.
Then I came across this word and suddenly all is put in question, because it is no longer following what I would think to be true.  God is present in my brother and sister! That makes a huge difference! “Anyone who says 'I love God' and hates his brother, is a liar, since whoever does not love the brother whom he can see cannot love God whom he has not seen.” (Jn 4,20) God is present in each neighbour! As I was struggling this morning with the mystery of my lost glasses I realized how quickly I could obsessed by this at the expense of loving my neighbour who just got up. So, what it is more important to forget about my glasses and greet the other! Choosing to love in the present as Jesus did on the Cross, by going beyond the pain of the lost glasses there was peace amongst us! When looking for the glasses I noticed my room could do with good clean. Hovering and cleaning the room the glasses turned up. God always find ways of doing things well. Thus, he gave me an opportunity to clean and air my room whilst finding my glasses under my bed.
I go to God together with others and in loving one another He himself is there! So I am already living the life of God, of the Trinity, of Paradise! Together with my neighbour I see the world with the eyes of its loving creator in our midst! I will discover a totally different dimension, a divine dimension, in which all things are created out of love for each other! So, today when I received some visitors, it was my brothers who helped me to keep track of time. It is then I understood that it was God’s will to let the visitors go. Had I not listened I would not have been able to speak to a dear friend from Italy and I would not have been able to see two friends from Scotland. I want to be open to the other in the present moment, because s/he is God’s love for me in that moment! Isn't it marvellous to know that that God loves each one of us in each moment in a new way? So, all that is left for me to do to love him in every person I meet, knowing he is there!! This travelling together, being open to each other suddenly creates a community because at is root is the life of the Trinity! What a joy! I am living in  a true community!

No comments:

Post a Comment