Wednesday 30 January 2013

A game of love


“Carry the other’s burdens”

I came across this little reflection:

[...] But what happens if we act like this?

Such was the case, noting the great problems in many parts of the developing world, which were in the clutches of misery, lack of housing, clothing, employment, etc. We understood that we could not expect that these people think, for example, to create a culture or will rise in the spirit of prayer.

First you must make sure that they are freed from the weight of poverty that crushes them, then you can also think about everything that concerns the life of the human person:  education, the whole of a person’s development, etc.
The same thing happens with individuals when we love them by “making ourselves one” putting ourselves into their shoes! First we remove what occupies their heart and which can be a cause of anxiety. Then they sense we will take on what weighs them down, and feel free. [...]

But in order to have such love I have to be completely free, free from myself and my own little world. Yesterday I was asked by a group of confirmation candidates how I know that God loves me and it struck me that with my intellect I might not actually get there to explain this, because it is actually a mystery! And does it matter? Is not the most important thing that God loves me rather than why he loves me? God is love and the nature of his love to give everything of himself that is in order to become like us he gives his divine nature to become human! Visible sign for this is Jesus on the Cross, son of God, God, become man! I am very attracted by the notion of being nothing out of love. Where there is something however small, there can’t be anything else! Where there is me or even a small part of me, God can’t be there!

I wrote to the Bright Lights Core Group, proposing to invite non-catholic speakers for workshops in occasion of the World Youth Day. I think it is important, but now I have to give it to God, forget about it, lose it out of love so that it is not me who wants it but God. It is really a game of love, a game to discover God's plan. And that we can only do together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment