Thursday 31 January 2013

“Let us help one another to keep in love”


 (…) That Sunday of January 7, 1945 was a day of meeting with Chiara at the “Collegetto”, the seminar of the Capuchin friars. Father Casimiro, who was the director of the Franciscan Third Order, began the meeting with beautiful words.
Then when Chiara started, we girls all huddled in a group around her. She talked about simple things.
She spoke of love. It was as if, in my heart, I was always expecting those words.
'We look at the perpetual motion of the stars in the sky” – she said amongst other things – “if they stop, it would be a disaster”.
So we too must remain in love, never stop.
If we remain in love, we are always living.”(…)
How easy it is to stop loving our neighbour by simply stopping at a different way of thinking, of doing things! We are all different and often we take that difference as a barrier rather than enrichment. The eyes of love will look at everything as a gift. God is love and so everything he does, he creates is love. The person next to me in the present moment is his love for me, the situations I find myself in now in this present moment is his love for me! There isn't anything that is not God’s love for me. And if I find it difficult to believe, I am not alone, if I communicate I am not alone on this road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment