Saturday 5 January 2013

Sharing the journey


As I am getting better I tend to forget that I'm still seriously ill and need to be calm and patient! Yet again I am amazed how short my memory can be! God, I think I can just about understand the patience you must have with the likes of me. Just because I had a few good nights’ sleep I think I can run a marathon. I really need to concentrate on doing what God wants, not what I think is right or convenient. That’s why I am so grateful for my neighbour, who gives me the light to understand what you want.
The more I go ahead on this journey, the more I two fundamental aspects of my relationship with God:
a)     His love for humanity and each one of us is endless and without precedent.  There no greater love! The drama of it all is that I suspect we are not at all aware of the enormity of his love for us! He has given us his life, a communitarian way to go to him, a new way of looking at many things.
b)    In order to have a glimpse of the way God love us I need to go with him on the Cross taking with me the sufferings and pains, but also the joys and gifts as my “present” for him. There I gain a completely different perspective of the life, because God allows me to see things from his perspective, which is love.  
 I want to explore the notion of the communitarian spirituality because it is such an inspiration, a new way of looking at it and most of all I want to look at it from my experience of trying to live this spirituality in the context of the Focolare community, by way of sharing my own journey towards God. 

1 comment:

  1. Manfred,

    You may not be ready to run marathons, but the "marathon" of sharing that you've been pouring out these days is an inspiration to me, and to many. I included the passage that you wrote on January 1 with the message I sent out to my "grappolo" with the January word of life. I've already gotten back positive feedback from some of them. I think you're living through a moment of particular grace, and it's a great, great gift to me and to others that you share it "always, straightway, and with joy."

    Tom

    ReplyDelete