Sunday 18 November 2012

What greater guide do I need!


God commands each Christian to love the other to the point of complete self-giving, as Jesus taught and did. So how can we live this Word of Life well? How can we reach the point in which the Father himself will love us and the Trinity will come to dwell within us?  By putting into practice with all our hearts, radically and with perseverance, precisely this kind of love for one another.
The Trinity will come to live in me! No less! What must I do? Give myself totally without looking at returns, interests, “what’s in it for me?” No, love gives without looking at these things. That allows love to be always new, in everything and whenever I have not been in that attitude of love I towards my neighbour in the present moment I can still love in that pain and suffering of not having loved and therefore transform all into love. Why, because Jesus died on the cross! Where there is love, there is God! Where there is no love, put love and you will find love! And when that love is returned, there is God in our midst, here, now! Then the most important aspect of my life are not things, facts, project, but it is the relationship with person in the present. All the projects, facts and things have value if they are not my expression, but the expression of love for my neighbour. Then I am guided by God in our midst, who is love. What greater guide do I need! 

No comments:

Post a Comment