Wednesday 7 November 2012

Love conquers all


Naked I came from my mother’s womb, naked I shall return. The Lord gave, the Lord has taken back. Blessed be the name of the Lord! If we take happiness from God’s hand, must we not take sorrow too? "

I really like this vision of Job. God gave me life, a rich life full of gifts, but the greatest gift is his love for me. I am aware that I easily accept  the gifts that I like and not so easy those I don’t. Because he loves me all that happens to me is for my own good, it's for me to find out how!
"If anyone comes to me and does not love me more than he loves his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. He who does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. "
I was struck by this passage of today’s Gospel. How true it is that slowly things enter into my life that would threaten to come above of my exclusive choice of Jesus, Jesus abandoned on the cross! So my condition becomes more important than Jesus in the morning when I look at how I am before saying good morning to the one I love the most! I discovered for this reason it is good to offer all as my gift of love for him.

Then yesterday I realized that it is very easy that the things of the moment can take over the space of God.  So I am are no longer immersed in God, I do not see things with his eye. Then there is no peace and joy! I had the experience if I open up to my neighbour in the present moment, at home, on the phone, in the street. In the communion, there I find God, in giving also my suffering I immerse myself in God and then everything changes! I go back to the essentials, the eternal things of my daily life with the belief that love conquers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment