Wednesday 21 November 2012

Living together with God

If am the son of God, who is love that means everybody I meet in the present moment is a living expression of God's love for me! So how can I 

1. Judge a person? 
This morning there was a problem with the bank. When I call I am already agitated because of the unexpected inconvenience, ready to blame the system. Then before I start talking to the person I say to Jesus that we need to talk together with this person. During the call I understand that when moving address I did not notify the bank of my new phone number. So they could not phone me to alert me of the problem. Jesus thanks again for that lesson to be universal servant, a slave of love. 

2. Being impatient therefore not in an attitude of loving? 
I find myself in a hurry, and therefore without peace, blaming Jesus for my limited ability. The shopping arrives and I realise I have forgotten many thing. Well, at least we have lot’s of garlic! 

3. Know everything better than the other and do things my way? 
For an act of love I lost some shirts. I was struck by how easy it was that this thing could get between me and another. Instead, no, because the love of Jesus in us is greater. 

4. Being busy of my things? 
First, my phone does not work and I give it all attention to see how to repair it getting more and more agitated, until I realize that "I very much am" instead of "not" out of love. I feel that my day does not go according to my "program". I also realize that I live and not Jesus in me! 

But I realise Jesus paid for everything, even for my nature, thus being with him I pay too, offering everything for the lives of others, the life of the movement. So the joy, the real life in God returns. We can continue to live together with God among us and it's a great life!

1 comment:

  1. Manfred,

    Ever since I saw you in last Saturday's link-up, I've wanted to assure you again of my prayers and unity. Then, in the course of the last two days, I've learned of the death of my sister's father-in-law, the death of a dear and close friend, and the recurrence of cancer in one of the men in my Focolare community. How do I respond to this? As you say simply but eloquently, I must get beyond "being" to "not being out of love." Thank you for your honesty and your witness.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete