Monday 26 November 2012

We have overcome the world

So, today it is meant all happen. I am waiting for the call from the hospital and then, wait a minute! Do I put my life on hold for a phone call. No, so back to the present! Yes, I am a little anxious perhaps, but all can be lived for something. Thinking of others who are really suffering, with no way out. 

But most of all if I am not the first to love, how can I expect to be loved by God? If I am full of myself with the worry over the hospital I have no chance of seeing God in my neighbour! Back then to loving, to be outside myself in the present moment. But despite everything, including these pains and sufferings Jesus remains with me and this is the ultimate way of loving. I return always to Jesus Forsaken, on the Cross, who is my life, because he shows me God, the Father. 

Jesus, how can I not love my neighbour in the present moment? How can I not live, offer, suffer as a gift for your life amongst us. Today I dedicate to an ever deeper life of your presence amongst us! After are we are son of the King and with him we have overcome the world.

1 comment:

  1. Manfred,
    I liked your reminder of not putting our life on hold (for something outside of ourselves e.g. a phone call), but to return to living the present (where God is).
    I liked as well your 'ultimate way of loving' (by accepting pains and sufferings, just as Jesus did).

    Finally, I thought you might like to read a short poem by a British ambulance driver from WW1 (Robert W Service) entitled: "Carry On, Carry On."
    www.best-poems.net/robert_w_service/poem-16485.html

    My sentiments to you, and us all, entirely.
    Very best wishes for the present moment
    Julian R

    ReplyDelete