Thursday 1 November 2012

Jesus thanks for your presence always


Yesterday I leant an important lesson: If I keep looking at myself to observe whether my condition is deteriorating, it surely is for two reasons: first because it will at some point and I know that, so I will always find something and second Because I perhaps don’t live the present well.. But if instead I go ahead as I can I remain in the present. I know that things will be slower from now on, but that is in the nature of my life. these last two days I was in a black hole, because I did not look at God in me and around me. I had “resigned myself” to whatever. That is not love, but a temptation to look at “poor me”. I need to look outwards to see the Jesus, the light in my neighbour: Not my will but you will be done! I only hope as things move on, I will always be able to love the others as Jesus taught me.  Today I dedicate to being able to see God’s immense love in everything, and if I can’t see it, to believe in it! I want to live he present and it’s gifts I receive in each moment like good night’s sleep, no pressure to do anything, simply enjoy the present without rushing. The greatest gift for me is to know that I am not alone. Only that thought brings me a big smile! So the chemo is not that heavy, the medication not that hard to endure! I often remember the story of the strawberries. It’s very nice because very positive. But most of all I am never without by best friend in me and in our midst! Jesus thanks for your presence always.  

2 comments:

  1. Today's password: "Make ourselves one with our neighbor...." Reading your reflection reminds me of this passage in Chiara Lubich's Essential Writings:

    "In this world we are all brothers and sisters and yet we pass each other as if we were strangers. And this happens even among baptized Christians.
    The Communion of Saints, the Mystical Body exists. But this Body is like a network of darkened tunnels.
    The power to illuminate them exists; in many individuals there is the life of grace, but Jesus did not want only this when he turned to the Father, calling upon him. He wanted a heaven on earth: the unity of all with God and with one another; the network of tunnels to be illuminated; the presence of Jesus to be in every relationship with others, as well as in the soul of each.
    This is his final testament, the most precious desire of God who gave his life for us."

    Count on my unity!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Manfred! You really have a gift to share the deepest things in a simple way. We're praying for you up here in Stockholm every evening. 1!! Helge (+ Dominik, Patrick, Peter and Pierluigi)

    ReplyDelete