Tuesday 31 July 2012

Paradise in our Midst


How many people do you meet during your day - from dawn to dusk - in as many you see Jesus. How many err watching the creatures and things in order to possess them! And their look is selfishness or envy. They look at themselves to dominate themselves, and their gaze is empty because they are annoyed or upset.
Yes, it's me who is not seeing Jesus. I see that someone bothers me or that someone is good to me. If it's the first I stop loving and unwittingly put this dislike between me and my neighbour. If it's the second I do the same, only it's much nicer and pleasant, but basically I do not love my neighbour, my sister or  brother. I love because I want something from the other, or are jealous of the gift that God gave to my neighbour to the extent that I can not see the gift he gave me! In the end I find myself to be obsessed with chasing a false perfection wanting be ever more "perfect" in the sense of not making mistakes but always do the right thing. Not achieving this I then think I am a failure and this paralyses me and does not leave me free to love. In all of this,  Jesus, you never left me.  In fact, you showed me how to live:
Thus the life of God in us needs to circulate so that it radiates and gives witness to Christ: the One that links heaven and earth, brother to brother.
The life of God must be put into circulation! I think a little bit I'm doing this in various ways, not for me but for God, for the presence of Jesus among us. And I see that it really binds heaven and earth! If I love without interest, if I love because I want to love God, there is no more mine or yours, but ours. Jesus, let me live this reality, particularly when I get immersed in the things of the day, when one or the other thing or opinion seems to me so important that I forget the gift my neighbour is, the gift you are in that present moment. My vocation is to  love you in my neighbour so that you remain in our midst. So we can have heaven in our midst ... forever! So,  I offer a sleepless night, all my health, my worries, all I offer as a gift of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment